Thursday, July 22, 2010

TAPE

Tape Airport


Characteres

Paul and Maria

By Janalice and Paulina



Airport in Munich. There are a lot of people waiting in the room to get on the plane. The plane is late because it was cancelad because of the storm. Maria is being asked by Paul how long have to they wait for the plane to arrive.



Paul: Excuse-me. Do you know how long we have to wait here?

Maria: I don’t know exactly how long. But what I’m told probably a few hours.

Paul: A few hours? Did you say hours?

Maria: Yes, and we have to be pacient.

Paul: Oh Christ! I can’t be pacient. I have very important apointment in a few hours.

Maria: What kind of apointment?

Paul: My father’s funeral.

Maria: I’m very, very sorry.

Paul: Thank you. I’m so sad. Unfortunatly I haven’t good memories of him.

Maria: I don’t want to be rude. But, can I ask why?

Paul: My father was a playboy and he didn’t know how to enjoy family life. We have been suffering since my father started gambling and neglecting whole family.

(maria looks at Paul)

Maria: that reminds me of my husband. He’s a selfish bastard and I don’t know how to be free from him. I love him, but I ask myself over and over again: how can I love such a man.

(soft smile)

Paul: I can see my mom in you now!

Maria: How old is your mother?

Paul: She died few months ago. But she was 75 years old.

Maria: My mother is dieing from breast cancer, and I can’t help her.

(Maria is crying)

Paul: I’m so very sorry.

Maria: You can’t do anything about that either. That’s life!

(Paul looks sadly at Maria and Maria looks sadly at Paul, too)

Paul: Ok! Life is the best teacher. I need a drink. Would you like have a drink with me?

(soft smile)

Maria: That would be great. I would Love to have a conhaque with you.

(Then they go into the bar and order the drinks).

Maria: Did your father stop gambling?

Paul: No, he didn’t!

Maria: But why?

Paul: (soft smile) He was addicted.

Maria: Oh. Like my husband. He can’t stop. He always looses Money, and I can’t take it any more. I’m the only one who work’s and he is the only one who spends looses.

Paul: I can understand you. My father died like a beggar.

Maria: I wouldn’t be surprised if my husband became beggar too. Because I am not able to stand this situation any more.

Paul: You should think about your life. Your life is the most important thing for you. (little pause) My mom didn’t! She ended up in bed for 10 years because of my father. She hopped he would change. But he became worse and worse.

Maria: After hearing your story, I’m not surprised about your mom. Because so many women have put up with such situations in their life. I know a lot of women like that including myself!

Paul: I’m relieved you are a person with whom I could speak openly.

Maria: I feel the same way. So, I think it’s time to go. Nice to meet you.

Paul: It was my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment